- This event has passed.
Woodland Hills Impacts and Policies (WHIP) Committee Meeting 1-11-2018
January 11 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm PST
Items for discussion and possible vote:
- California Senate Bill 827 – Planning & zoning: Transit-Rich Housing Bonus http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB827
Possible action regarding a Community Impact Statement advising Councilman Blumenfield to submit a motion to City Council regarding the proposed CA Senate Bill 827. Superceding state-wide all general, community and specific plans, this bill would authorize a transit-rich housing project to receive a transit-rich housing bonus. The bill would define a transit-rich housing project as a residential development project the parcels of which are all within a half-mile radius of a major transit stop or a quarter-mile radius of a high-quality transit corridor, as those terms are further defined. The bill would exempt a project awarded a housing opportunity bonus from various requirements, including maximum controls on residential density or floor area ratio, minimum automobile parking requirements, design standards that restrict the applicant’s ability to construct the maximum number of units consistent with any applicable building code, and maximum height limitations, as provided. Height limits are increased to 85 or 55 feet.
- Possible Outreach Re: Community Plan Update (Continued)
- Committee members will continue to suggest, review submissions, edit and discuss survey questions intended to be used for the outreach effort to Woodland Hills Stakeholders regarding updating the Community Plan for planed growth through 2040.
The initial 4 categories of questions are: Transportation, New Housing, Community Serving Retail, and Commercial
- Continued committee discussions on how to do the planned survey outreach to generate community participation and discuss possible community workshops.
- Additional topics for future meetings
- Approval of Minutes