Want a free WHWC branded Neighorhood Watch sign for your Neighborhood Watch group? We have a very limited number available on a first-come, first-served basis. To sign up, please click on the registration form here or you can mail us the relevant info. Either way, please read the important program requirements below. You may also download a PDF Version of the requirements.
What the program provides: One (or two)* Blue Version reflective Neighborhood Watch Signs and installation of the sign(s) at an “entry point” for Neighborhood Watch group’s area.
What is required of the Neighborhood Watch Group:
- Must be within the boundaries of the Woodland Hills-Warner Center Neighborhood Council.
- Provide the Name of the Neighborhood Watch (NW) Group and name and contact information of key contact(s).
- Provide the boundaries of the group and number of homes included in the area.
- Attend a meeting sponsored by the Neighborhood Council: Either a meeting of the Public Safety Committee (1st Weds eve of each month) or a General Board Meeting (2nd Weds eve of each month)**. The NW Group can be represented by the block captain or another representative. The same person does not need to attend each meeting. The person should introduce themselves and the group they represent during the public comment period. They must be sure that a member of the Public Safety Committee has noted their presence.
- Neighborhood Watch Groups must submit a valid email address for the block captain – to be added to the Neighborhood Council electronic contact program.
- Each NW group should present their plan to the Public Safety Committee for the use of “electronic communication” to keep their group members informed. This could be email, Next Door, Facebook or other group communication tool.
- NW groups must also purchase additional NW signs for their neighborhood. These DO NOT have to be the signs installed by the NC.
- Each NW group must have regularly scheduled meetings.
- Each NW group will meet the LAPD guidelines for a Neighborhood Watch program – available at: http://www.lapdonline.org/crime_prevention_tips/
- Each group will be vetted and approved by the appropriate Senior Lead Officer for their area.
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first served basis based on application submission AND completion of the program requirements. As there are only a limited number of signs available, the Public Safety Committee, in conjunction with the SLO’s, reserves the right to make the final decision on sign distribution in the event that there is a “tie” related to when groups complete and finish their application requirements.
- Applicants who want to mail in the information, can mail it to:
Woodland Hills Warner Center Neighborhood Council
20929 Ventura Blvd,
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(application date/time will be based on postmark – Postmarks PRIOR to Sept 25, 2017 will not be accepted)
- Questions: Send an email to: email@example.com or call: 818-639-9444 to leave a voice message. We will respond as quickly as possible.
*Final number of signs for each group will be based on NW group size AND the number of available signs.
**If no one from the NW group is able to attend a Wednesday eve meeting, an alternate option MAY be proposed to the Public Safety committee for consideration. Priority will be given to those groups that attend the meetings as indicated.